Novi Sad, Serbia
Backend Software Engineer (Python)
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
3Lateral is looking for a Software Engineer that will help us build our new pipeline system which will be used not just by our art and production teams but also researchers, special project teams and others. That system should be elastic, systematic, secure, reliable and above all adaptable and scalable to handle PBs of data!
In this role, you will
• Designing, developing, deploying and monitoring micro-services as a part of pipeline initiative
• Building reliable and adaptable data management services that are backbone to our client facing services
• Enabling services teams to work and cooperate on projects that span across multiple world locations and time zones while processing PB of data
• Closely working with internal and external teams
What we're looking for
• Advanced Python 3 programming skills
• Docker, Kubernetes, SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience working in micro-services environments
• Strong programming and software architecture design skills
Nice to have skills
• Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS
• Experience with creating low-latency, high-volume APIs
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees (EEs) and dependents (deps). We offer coverage for private medical insurance (inc. dental/vision), supplemental life, supplemental accident, disability, meal allowance, snacks, fruits and coffee as well as movie tickets and wedding/baby gifts.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.