Data Scientist - AI / Ml
San Francisco, CA
Engineering at Epic
What we do
We're working to craft social experiences at Fortnite scale, and want to make sure our tools and architecture can help us build even more ambitious and quality platforms and features. The team has been working on unique social networks, from Fortnite's PartyHub experience to Houseparty's Group Video Chat.
What you'll do
We're looking for a solution-oriented engineer Manager to mentor and grow a team of highly skilled engineers toward building our scalable social gaming platforms. The team is responsible for inventing, building, iterating and tying up the intricate web of the social backend services that are the cornerstones of our social capabilities leading up to the Metaverse.
In this role, you will
• Craft highly available, high throughput, low latency social services at scale
• Work with synchronous services and asynchronous services, persistent connection services, and a variety of other systems
• Collaborate with peers and other elements of the organization to deliver highly functioning services and products
• Participate in the leadership forum of the social organization to inform and affect decision making, balancing between business-oriented goals and technical goals
• Assess technical challenges, craft scalable architectures, and run with implementations
• Run, troubleshoot, and deploy your own services
What we're looking for
• Leadership experience; growing engineers, making them collaborate and execute on a shared vision.
• Proficient experience developing production-quality backend systems
• JVM experience (we mainly use Scala)
• Experience managing cloud services at scale (we mainly use AWS)
• Service ownership experience (we use Kubernetes, Terraform)
• Experience with SQL and nonrelational databases (we use Dynamo, Redis, Postgres)
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
• Nice to have: Experience with Websockets or other server push models, search engines, graph databases
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oo9e-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.