ENGINEERING AT EPIC
WHAT WE DO
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 4. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic's own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR? YOU CAN BE EPIC.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a member of our team, you will craft highly available, high throughput, low latency services at scale, synchronous and asynchronous services, persistent connection services, and a variety of other systems. These will all help to power our internal products and enable external development teams all over the world. The Online services team is a collaborative environment and a successful candidate will help to foster an open, supportive culture in which everyone can be successful and their authentic self. Learn more at https://dev.epicgames.com/
In this role you will:
• Get things done: Epic empowers engineers to assess a challenge, craft a solution, and implement it
• Write distributed systems to handle large scale challenges (we use Java, Scala)
• Work with public cloud infrastructure to facilitate a fast moving ecosystem (we use AWS)
• Own the entire lifecycle of services, including live operations and deployment
• Craft solutions using modern SQL and nonrelational databases (we use Mongodb, Dynamo and Redis)
• Work together with both upstream and downstream service owners, producers and other cloud, infrastructure and embedded DevOps engineers to ship solutions
• Own the outcome - Be accountable for the solutions you build and flexible around the ambiguity of the problem space
What we're looking for:
• 5+ years of software engineering experience, with experience in developing online systems
• Proven track record of operating live services
• Experience working with a team of engineers to solve large and ambiguous problems
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to provide, solicit and accept feedback constructively
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw973p-54-210-223-150-42 in your application.