Backend Developer (MetaHuman)
Engineering at Epic
What We Do
As part of the Metahuman team at Epic, we build asset management systems and pipelines to support digital human creation.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is seeking an experienced Backend Developer to help build, document, and maintain core frameworks and services underlying our internal production pipelines for MetaHuman. The ideal candidate will be a proven problem solver with a passion for working with and supporting production artists and other pipeline developers.
In This Role You Will
• Establish a working knowledge of the team's internal codebase, standards, and processes.
• Work with artists and other developers to identify and remove bottlenecks, reduce repetitive tasks, and contribute new ideas and perspectives.
• Design, build, and document forward thinking solutions that empower artists and other developers to iterate faster and work more efficiently.
• Proactively identify and fix problems in code and processes.
What We're Looking For
• Self motivated and passionate about making the content creation process more efficient
• Expert level Python programming experience
• Experience in supporting infrastructure as code, CI/CD, and other services related to a distributed global pipeline
• Experience building integrated solutions for off the shelf content creation software such as Unreal Engine, Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter/Designer, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to work well within a team contributing to a shared codebase
• Working knowledge of version control systems such as Perforce and Git
• Working knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with Docker, AWS
• Experience solving impactful technical challenges; we look for people who can assess a challenge, craft a scalable architecture, and run with implementation
• Service ownership and/or maintaining live services experience; the ability to run, troubleshoot, and deploy your own services (we use Kubernetes, Terraform)
• Experience with databases (we use Mongo)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rze113-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.