Backend Cloud Service Engineer (MetaHuman)
What we do
Unreal powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
As a BCSE you will work on the infrastructure and services supporting MetaHuman products, such as MeshToMetaHuman and MetaHuman Creator. At Epic we are expanding our product offerings to support MetaHumans which includes an increased use of cloud based technologies. You will be working with our teams on containerisation of Unreal Engine technologies, integration with K8S and other infrastructure solutions, CI and deployment, and maintenance of these. You will work with multiple teams across multiple locations.
In this role, you will
• Develop solutions for high availability, highly scalable, services using Unreal Engine in the cloud.
• Liaise with the Unreal Services team (UCS) and be the main technical point of contact between our teams.
• Design and work on implementing solutions both on the service side and within Unreal Engine.
• Work with the wider MetaHuman engineering team to inform and support development of cloud based services.
• Be responsible for development work and provide input and recommendations to planning and strategy for our our services.
What we're looking for
• Extensive knowledge of AWS and Kubernetes
• Solid understanding of Docker and containerised application development.
• Sufficient knowledge of modern web technologies (e.g. Web Sockets)
• Very familiar with working on microservice architectures.
• Full backend experience and knowledge from queues to databases to networking to distributed system challenges to performance optimization
• Exceptional programming skills in at least one compiled language like Go, Java, C, C++, Rust.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxvqoj-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.