What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
As a Gameplay Design Director focusing on LEGO Fortnite, you will be responsible to lead and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of developers to guide new gameplay to success from ideation to ship. Working with other directors, you will carry the game's vision and Epic's goals forward while making hard calls on quality and priorities, and above all be creatively excited and engaged in creating an unforgettable and fun experience for our players.
In this role, you will
• Collaborate with leadership to define a vision and goals for gameplay features & content within LEGO Fortnite
• Hold that vision and inspire the development team to follow you
• Oversee content and feature development from start to finish - From leading ideation with the team and shaping a timeline of engagement across the whole season, to making tough decisions on quality and scope throughout production
• Work with Product Managers to gain insights from player metrics and marketplace data, then translate those insights into actionable goals to improve the player experience
• Work with Production, discipline leads, and HR to manage staffing, feature scope, production milestones, and hiring
• Focus on mentoring and empowering the team to be independently successful and make solid decisions without your involvement
• Uphold Epic's design and gameplay quality bar & foster curiosity and healthy risk taking
What we're looking for
• Experience leading game teams from a director or other high-level design leadership perspective
• An expert level background in creating compelling gameplay moments you can speak to and draw from
• A deep understanding of what makes games tick at all levels, with a particular focus on what makes them fun immersive experiences
• A keen understanding of what makes the survival sandbox genre work is required
• Passion and excitement for applying yourself to highly complicated problem spaces
• Excellent soft skills; you are able to navigate the day to day ups and downs of working with a large team across many disciplines and locations with ease
• An eye and passion for helping to creatively shape a product that goes beyond the game team
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3qe2x-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.