What you'll do
We're looking for a Business Analyst who will act as the intermediary between the business and IT, using a deep understanding of business processes and technology to help business partners achieve their desired outcomes.
• Work with business partners to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs; understand the customer journey, and define user requirements.
• Engage with business partners and influence project decisions, assess the risks of various solutions, and prioritize competing business demands.
• Provide consultative support on business-led technology initiatives, promoting architectural consistency and usability.
• Identify opportunities for business-led delivery, coaching employees to make use of technology and information.
• Facilitate requests for new technologies and architecture reviews.
• Proactively monitor industry, functional, and technology trends.
• Experience in converting business requirements and functional requirements into use cases, epics, and user stories with acceptance criteria.
• Ability to convey complex and technical business issues to diverse audiences, projecting a highly credible, polished image in presentations and communications
• Skill in applying different strategies to convince others to change their opinions or plans, and ensuring that proposals or arguments are supported by strong logic and a compelling business case.
• Broad IT domain experience in three or more of the following areas: Enterprise Architecture, Software Development and Architecture, Infrastructure, Project Management, Vendor Management, and Maintenance and Support.
• Demonstrated ability to quantify resource requirements and measure/communicate proposed project benefits.
• Excellent meeting facilitation and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to create excellent technical documentation and diagrams.
• Strong risk assessment, problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills
• Bachelor's degree in any field.
• Someone who is passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, diligent, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
• Experience with Confluence, Jira, Slack, Google Workspace, and Lucidchart
• Experience assessing technologies (developing evaluation criteria, determining how well different alternatives meet those criteria, and documenting findings)
• Demonstrated knowledge of agile software development methodologies
• Experience with application portfolio management, IT asset management, or configuration management
• Familiarity with typical company structures and operations outside of IT
Epic Games spans across 16 countries with 32 studios and 2,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zbe0-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.