Software Tester, Unreal Engine
Animation Programmer (MetaHuman)
Meet the MetaHuman Team, and take a look at the MetaHuman Creator, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3F1vZYpH8c&t=10s
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
We are looking for a developer with experience and passion for animation technology, to join the MetaHuman Creator team. You will be working with animators, riggers, and the Unreal Engine development team. You will be responsible for solving problems related to quality, performance, and ease-of-use of our groundbreaking digital humans, now available to all UE users. This includes topics such as LODs, retargeting, rigging, modularity, collision and hair.
In this role you will
• Be the interface between the MetaHuman and Unreal Engine Animation dev teams.
• Fix issues and collaborate with technical animators to solve complex problems related to high quality digital humans.
• Help support internal and external users in getting the most out of MetaHumans.
What we're looking for
• Excellent C++ coding skills
• Experience with game animation systems (features such as IK, state machines, blend shapes etc)
• Enthusiasm for working with a talented, multidisciplinary team of artists, animators and programmers.
• Attention to detail, and a desire to get the best possible outcome.
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
• Previous experience with Unreal Engine, especially its animation system.
• Experience with rigging and/or physics systems for characters (e.g. cloth sim)
• Experience with 3rd party animation software (e.g. Maya)
• Experience working across multiple platforms (e.g. consoles, mobile phones), including performance and memory optimization.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rooez1-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.