Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
We are looking for an experienced Animation Systems Programmer for our Engine Development team. You will be responsible for developing, enhancing and maintaining the core systems of Unreal Engine 5, as well as optimizing them for multiple platforms. You will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms.
In this role, you will
• Architect, implement and maintain core animation systems of the Unreal Engine 5
• Work closely with other engineers, animators, technical animators, product designers, leads and external technology partners across multiple teams and timezones
• Write technical documentation and designs
What we're looking for
• 3+ years of professional game and/or animation system development experience
• Extensive experience in writing C++ applications
• Excellent linear algebra skills and applications of linear algebra in software
• Experience with rigging systems, animation state machines, low-level animation systems, physics-based animation and/or IK systems
• Experience with multi-threaded programming and system tasks such as graphics, audio, I/O, networking, memory handling, debuggers, etc
• Experience with application-level programming such as script compilers and user-facing tools
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical people alike
• Performance-minded development and optimization skills
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
• Demonstrated interest in games
• Previous experience with Unreal Engine
• An eye for detail and appreciation for the craft of making games and animation
• Fluent in state of the art animation systems, algorithms and techniques
• Experience with gameplay systems, such as character movement, collision querying, and action sequencing
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.