Finance at Epic
What we do
Help Epic thrive on our business operations team with essential roles in HR/Recruiting, Legal, Facilities, IT, InfoSec and more.
What you'll do
This role reports directly to the Asia Pacific (APAC) Controller, based in the Singapore APAC HQ, and will form part of the core founding team for the APAC Controllership group. The APAC Controllership team is responsible for maintaining and driving controllership rigor and discipline and ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance for APAC entities. This is an individual contributor role, with future opportunities to manage and build a team.
In this role, you will
• Ensure timely and accurate monthly close, reporting for various subsidiaries to meet Corporate reporting timelines
• Provide high quality and insightful financial reporting and analysis, including intercompany reconciliations, monthly balance sheet reconciliations and variance analytics
• Ensure compliance of all financial reporting and financial controls, coordinating finance related systems and drive finance process improvement in the company.
• Ensure statutory accounts and tax filing compliance with local authorities for APAC subsidiaries.
• Demonstrate an understanding of key tax concepts such as corporate taxation, GST/VAT, transfer pricing and withholding tax
• Support the annual group and local audit process and respond to audit requests
• Maintain accounting records in compliance with statutory accounting policies
• Support the finance team with any additional ad hoc requirements/ new projects
What we're looking for
• Solid Accounting experience, including IFRS. US GAAP and consolidation experience is a plus
• Advanced skills with Excel (i.e. analytics, pivot tables, vLookup). Experience with Analytics tools to drive finance automation is a plus
• Strong professional oral and written communication skills
• Team Player, and self-motivated, used to work independent in a dynamic environment
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Bachelor's degree or similar degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field, CPA, CA or equivalent
• Minimum of 6-8 years experience with an International Company, in a controllership/ accounting role. A public accounting background will be a plus
• Experience with an ERP system is a must, Workday is a plus
• Experience with ERP or system implementation is a plus
• Fluent in English and Mandarin, any other language is a plus
• Someone who is user-focused, organized, adaptable, passionate, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1e7e-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.