Full Time Job
3D Modular Asset Artist
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
3D Modular Assets Artist
Quixel is looking for an experienced 3D Artist with knowledge in 3D modelling and photogrammetry based asset creation pipeline with a special emphasis on building modular 3D assets. We are looking for an artist that can be creative and critical of their own work. This position may require to work remotely from home so a disciplined artist that can manage their own time to meet deadlines is important. This position will also require you to work with people all around the world and in different time zones so flexible hours may also be needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Using a combination of 3D modelling, sculpting and digital painting skills to process
• Modular 3D scanned assets based on a photogrammetry pipeline using Quixel's proprietary tools
• Daily communication with the Team Lead and constant collaboration with the other team members to provide help wherever needed
• Continuous feedback on the usage of the Quixel tools to help the Pipeline Development team for the improvement of the tools
• Maintain production deadlines and/or communicate any scheduling concerns with the team
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Understanding and knowledge of working with modular and grid based workflows, like buildings etc.
• Proficiency in Zbrush
• Proficiency in Photoshop
• Proficiency in 3D modeling (any 3D software)
• Proficiency in UV and Texturing
• Demonstrable understanding of the process of creating 3D assets based on real-world objects and environments
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Confidence to take feedback, evaluate criticism and art direction on a professional level
• Relevant industry experience of having worked in a Games, VFX, CG or Archviz Studio for minimum of 2 years
Quixel brings artistry and speed back to next-gen workflows, allowing computer graphics artists to create worlds of their own. As part of Epic Games, we continue our mission to scan the world and make high-quality content and innovative technology freely accessible to everyone in the form of Megascans, Bridge, and Mixer. Discover more at www.quixel.com.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.