About Entertainment One
eOne's Family Brands division is an exciting, fast growing team within the global Hasbro family that specialises in the development, production, distribution and brand management of kid's entertainment. Key properties in the brand portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig; superhero hit PJ Masks; newly launched pre-school series Ricky Zoom; fashion brands My Little Pony and Jem; as well as action adventure brands Transformers: Rescue Bots and Power Rangers.
The Vice President, YouTube and AVOD will report into the President, eOne Family Brands to lead our global AVOD exposure & commercialisation strategies across our entire portfolio in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Working closely with all teams (Brand, Content Sales, Research, Marketing) you will be a strategic innovator and thought leader, helping to craft brand, platform and commercial strategies with an intimate understanding of the Kids & Family landscape. Expertise will span across organic distribution and media, with the ability to manage our internal Ad Sales business to improve monetization across our AVOD networks.
• Strategic leadership of our AVOD business within eOne Family
• Continuous evaluation of our strategy – formulate & sell-in new strategies
• React quickly, strategically and dynamically to changes across the AVOD landscape; risk-taker and innovator that has forward-looking view
• Lead our in-house YouTube team; craft clear vision, goals and strategies to ensure our brands receive the maximum exposure possible through the right productions, with the right media budgets
• Set AVOD platform priorities at a global level working closely with the Content Sales Team. Identify new partners and lead commercial strategy, which will be then executed by the Sales Directors in their respective territories.
• Lead Family's OTT and FAST channel strategy for our brands
• Lead our Audience Development media team to drive and execute AVOD media campaigns to increase awareness - working closely with brand and marketing teams to set efficient media budgets for our brands with clear KPIs
• Lead our Ad Sales business to create strategies and tactical plans to sell our owned and premium inventory externally. Evaluate various financial models and data points to present clear proposals to the business. Lead both sales and operations functions – understanding needs and requirements of both
• Own, plan, budget and report on our performance against budgets, forecasts and prior periods across the department
• Look to improve monetization across our network with an intimate understanding of ad-supported business models and benchmarks
• Ensure we have the right resources (people and technology) needed to action strategies
• Translate data from YouTube & AVOD into actionable insights
• Understand our competitors and have a macro view of platform and content trends
• Work with Research and our internal YouTube team to oversee quantitative analysis across our AVOD platforms; ensure data & learnings are being shared across the business
• Work closely with the Brand, Digital Production and long form content Development teams to ensure the short form and long form content that is being produced is data-led and right for the different platforms.
• Work cross-functionally to ensure all stakeholders are aligned to strategic vision with clear ways of working
• Work closely with the Content Sales, Brand and the Entertainment Brand Marketing teams on AVOD strategy to ensure we have the most efficient plans in terms of approach and teams have visibility on roll-out to maximize exposure and revenues.
• Ensure we have clear roles & responsibilities and ways of working for AVOD across the business.
• Meet regularly with Sales Directors to share insights on local markets and analyse content placement to ensure we are supporting the Brands and we are exploiting all commercial opportunities in each local market.
• Direct and proven experience managing successful YouTube and AVOD strategies with existing platform relationships
• Demonstrable experience managing ROI-driven media budgets to drive awareness across content
• Familiarity with Ad Sales businesses and processes including sales & operations
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with sound business judgement
• Intimate understanding of the Kids & Family content business
• Experience of managing large-scale and complex projects
• Experience of working cross-functionally with senior stakeholders – a team player that listens to diverse viewpoints but can persuade when needed to drive consensus
• Dynamic & inspirational leadership skills – experience managing multiple functions with varying needs
• Strong familiarity with digital metrics incl. CPM's, impressions, fill-rates
• Ability to identify commercial opportunities and lead business development in a fast-paced environment
• A proactive and flexible approach to work
What you'll be a part of:
• Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
• Investing in your future: local defined contribution pension plans
• Break time: free snacks and reduced hours in summer
• Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
• The office: modern facilities and in-house screening rooms
• Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
• Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyk9jm-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.