eOne's Family Brands division is an exciting, fast growing team within the global Hasbro family that specialises in the development, production, distribution and brand management of kid's entertainment. Key properties in the brand portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig; superhero hit PJ Masks; newly launched pre-school series Ricky Zoom; fashion brands My Little Pony, Equestria Girls and Jem; as well as action-adventure brands Transformers and Power Rangers.
As Director, Royalty Participations, you will take ownership of Family & Brand's outbound participation reporting across all our shows, whether by producing reports or managing the process by which other royalty teams in eOne produce reports.
• To ensure that all participation reports on our shows that are contracted or prepared by our UK entity are prepared on an accurate and timely basis (with due time for management review) and distributed to the relevant stakeholders. To raise Purchase Orders for each payable amount and approve invoice we receive in respect of these reports.
• To work with other eOne royalty teams to ensure that all participation reports on our shows that are contracted or prepared by our Canadian entities are completed on a timely and accurate basis
• To work with other eOne royalty teams to ensure that all talent/residuals reports on our shows are completed on a timely and accurate basis.
• To work with other Hasbro royalty teams to ensure access to relevant data in order to correctly account to stakeholders.
• Ad hoc analysis on royalty and participation structures in order to support greenlighting or negotiation process
• Periodically preparing simple summaries for Commercial Finance teams to operate waterfalls/ultimates, and regular review of the same to ensure they are in line with contractual reporting
• To ensure that any participation audits are completed quickly and efficiently, and any learnings are baked into processed going forward.
• To work with the Business Affairs team, create and maintain royalty bibles for all our shows detailing all outbound reporting requirements for each show such that the business has visibility and continuity on its royalty processes.
• Experience of working with financial reporting systems to extract information for reports.
• Experience working in matrix organisation with multiple stakeholders and information sources.
• Experience of reviewing production, distribution and agency agreements and producing complex, accurate and regular participation/royalty/commission reports in line with those agreements.
• Experience of managing participation statement audits.
• Experience with ACTRA (Canada) and Accord de Transparence (France) terms an advantage.
• Experience of managing important commercial and creative relationships in the best interests of the business.
• The ability to work autonomously, to find and solve problems.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to understand and discuss complex accounting treatments to ensure accuracy in royalty reporting.
• Strong creative, analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple priorities and assignments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What you'll be a part of:
• Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
• Investing in your future: local defined contribution pension plans
• Break time: reduced hours in summer
• Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
• The office: modern facilities and in-house screening rooms
• Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
• Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d282w5-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.