Sr. Analyst, HR Strategy
Santa Monica, CA
The Director, Production Human Resources role will provide HR support to production cast members, crew members, and leadership for our studio productions.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to providing practical and strategic advice on a wide variety of areas to enhance the production staff’s engagement, performance, and overall experience. The Director, Production Human Resources will specifically focus on the following duties:
• Serve as HR point of contact to assigned film and television productions
• Act as trusted advisor and resource to cast, crew, and production leadership
• Conduct regular visits to assigned productions, spending time with cast and crew on-set as well as within production offices in order to field inquiries, provide real-time advice and counseling, and monitor cast/crew engagement and morale
• Serve as an internal resource to Production leads for concerns and issues regarding their specific productions
• Partner with the Health Safety Supervisor (HSS) and Health Safety Manager (HSM) on the COVID return-to-work process
• Effectively coach show leadership and department heads on leading in a production-based environment
• Develop and implement customized performance management tools and resources, as needed
• Pitch, create, and facilitate customized classes, sessions, and programs for productions (i.e., leadership training, unconscious bias, career pathing, etc.)
• Field and resolve general performance management issues and employee relations matters such as replacements/terminations, poor performance issues, and incident-based behavioral concerns.
• Partner effectively with our internal Film & TV, HR and legal leadership team for investigations into harassment, discrimination, or other complex or legally-based allegations.
• At the direction of the VP – HR for Film & TV, partner internal or external Employment Law for performance issues, staffing change/termination requests, and incident-based behavioral concerns, as needed.
Qualifications / Desired Skills:
• 10+ years in human resources preferably in a generalist, employee relations or training role, or a combination of the three
• Experience working directly in a television and/or film production environment required
• Previous experience partnering with production leadership in managing all aspects of the employee lifecycle while on production
• Proven track record of building trust and respect quickly in environments unfamiliar with HR
• Able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment where time is of the essence
• Flexibility in work hours
• Able to accommodate occasional overnight travel to remote physical production sites
• Thorough knowledge of labor laws, and general knowledge of union and/or guild guidelines, if applicable
Entertainment One is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.