eOne brings to market both original and existing content, sourcing IP from Hasbro's portfolio of 1500+ brands, and through a diversified network of creative partners and eOne companies.
This position is responsible for analysing, reviewing, communicating, and inputting relevant contract information into eOne's rights management system. In addition, this role is responsible for providing accurate rights and availability details to key teams, including Sales, Business and Legal Affairs, Finance and Royalties.
• Responsible for reviewing and entering/progressing Acquisition deals (Rights In) and Sales deals (Rights Out) into our rights management database ensuring all licensed rights (media, territories, languages, etc), financial details, windowing and holdback provisions, and availability information are meticulously entered into the rights management database;
• Sets up and maintains key dates that impact Terms, Renewals and Expiries;
• Provides Rights and Availability information to the Sales Teams, as required/requested;
• Ability to interpret and accurately summarize/cross-check legal language against summaries;
• Assist other Business Operations team members with cross-training functionalities;
• Responsible for ensuring that the integrity of the data in Rights Management system is maintained;
• Maintain contract tracking logs, status reports, and digital filing system;
• Ad hoc projects for the Business Operations Department as required
• Previous experience in the film and television industry, ideally in a legal / business affairs/rights management role, as well as bilingualism, are strong assets;
• Familiarity with legal agreements and contractual language/general terms;
• Highly organized, able to pay strong attention to detail and operate with a service-oriented mentality;
• Superior written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously, prioritize accordingly, and meet deadlines;
• Experience with Rightsline or other rights management software, as well as MS Excel, are strong assets;
• College or University education preferred
What you'll be a part of:
• Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
• Investing in your future: local defined contribution pension plans
• Break time: free snacks and reduced hours in summer
• Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
• The office: modern facilities and in-house screening rooms
• Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
• Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw92np-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.