Senior Accountant, Reporting and Consolidations
The Accounts Payable (A/P) Lead acts as the liaison between the business and the AP Manager. The AP Lead is also responsible for the timely and accurate processing of assigned payment documents such as invoices or employee expense reimbursements, and any other accounting transactions related to A/P management such as the weekly cheque run. This includes maintaining vendor accounts, credit balances, and investigating account irregularities.
• Collaborate with the Accounts Payable Manager to maintain smooth operations
• Liaise with business partners on various accounts payable topics
• Process all assigned accounts payable transactions including vendor invoices and expense reports, ensuring accurate account coding
• Match and verify accuracy of invoices with purchase orders
• Ensure appropriate approvals are received for invoices prior to system entry
• Reconcile vendor accounts and address vendor inquiries including payment status
• Manage the weekly approved cheque run
• Complete month end activities i.e. balance AP subledger to GL, audit reporting, reclass expenses, etc
• Maintain Accounts Payable filing and storage
• Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business Administration
• 2 - 5 years direct experience in an A/P capacity in a similar lead role
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of MS Dynamics D365 and Great Plains accounting software a plus
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
• Effective communication and presentation skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment under pressure with tight deadlines
What you’ll be a part of:
• Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
• Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
• Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
• Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
• The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
• Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event.
• Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
• Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.