Governance Senior Accountant
KYW PT Writer/Editor
PT News Writer/Editor
KYW Newsradio is seeking an experienced news writer/editor to join our team. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-starter and creative team player with a passion for local news and the ability to write clear, compelling and relatable copy, headlines and teases.
• Gather, write and edit news content
• Stack and build shows while managing all aspects of the newscasts
• Oversee constant flow of information by writing and updating scripts and assign reporters to breaking news stories as needed
• Help monitor and manage writers, reporters, and anchors offering clear direction to all
• Propose and contribute to daily and long-term coverage plans
• Collaborate with digital team members
• Outstanding news judgment, works well under deadline pressure
• Excellent writing and grammar skills, ability to interpret and simplify complex copy
• Position requires proficiency in audio editing
• Passion for local news and knowledge of Philadelphia region
• Strong attention to detail with ability to multitask
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Must have flexibility to work any shift, including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Resume and cover letter required
A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless
of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state,
or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment
opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.