SVP, Digital Sales Acceleration
New York, NY
Are you a sports news fanatic with your finger on the pulse of trending digital content? RADIO.COM Sports is looking for a highly motivated, creative and detail-oriented Senior Content Producer who has the knowhow and drive to grow an audience online, in app, on websites, and on social and content platforms. You live and breathe New York sports, and know how to identify the best moments, viral video, and news to drive social engagement, mobile traffic and video views. You can manage a diverse team to offer best practices for posting on social media, and know how to market content for a digital and national audience.
The ideal candidate can ignite conversations in everything from traditional sports to the intersection of sports and culture. You have a sharp instinct of what both passionate and more casual fans will engage with, balanced with a commitment to content analytics. You thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment, and are on top of all of the latest sports news, including identifying social/Google trends and breaking news stories.
You will serve as Northeast Regional Lead, reporting directly to RADIO.COM Sports' Managing Editor as the primary point of contact for all station sites in the region
As the Northeast Lead, you will coordinate best daily communication practices among the northeast station staff (including WEEI and WIP), hosting regular group meetings to plan organized event strategies, fill gaps in news coverage, develop learnings from content performance data, double-down on successful content ideas, brainstorm new text/video series concepts, and more-driving each market toward its monthly user goal.
Key primary duties also include:
• Produce, publish and distribute both original and syndicated stories across WFAN's platforms, using best practices in video, SEO, and social sharing
• Write in a style that is appealing for specific audiences (die-hard vs. casual sports news)
• Extensive knowledge of the New York sports and sports-culture landscape required
• Create content that drives WFAN audience growth and engagement, while supporting sales needs, when needed
• Understand reporting systems like Google Analytics and how to use data to drive audience growth
• Develop and maintain strong industry contacts to promote the content you create, getting it in front of new audiences, including partner sites
• Identifying audio moments originating from radio shows and transforming them into articles and produced video for digital consumption.
• Pitching exclusive, news-making content to the national content team for press distribution and digital syndication.
• Be an effective communicator with strong leadership skills to maintain a healthy working relationship in an open environment across local markets and with all levels of the organization
• Bachelor's Degree is required
• A minimum of 3-5 years of digital content creation experience (minimum of one year of people-managing) Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed (sports news doesn't stop at 5 PM)
• Experience writing all sports content, ranging from straight news to passionate opinion and topical/evergreen lists
• Must have excellent writing skills and the ability to tell engaging stories to engage local and national audiences
• Strong self-editing skills with attention to detail in grammar, punctuation, and design layout
• Proven ability to grow a website audience, video streams, and social media reach/engagement
• Ability to post an engaging headline, article text and video with instant turn-around
• You understand key digital media KPIs (MAUs, ComScore) and have produced results in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to own the news cycle to make judgments and react instantaneously and independently to key breaking/viral opportunities
• Deep-rooted knowledge of a variety of popular sports, with a focus on football, basketball, hockey, and baseball
• Audio/video editing experience is a plus
• Strong SEO knowledge and expertise
• Photoshop experience is preferred, but not required
• Basic MS Office skills are required. Other systems you should have working knowledge of include: Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Slack, Dataminr, as well as how to use/navigate a Content Management System
RADIO.COM is Entercom's integrated digital platform where consumers discover and connect live with premium, curated content powered by over 235 highly rated, locally programmed radio stations and their websites, over 3,000 podcasts, audio on demand, and exclusive content across entertainment, music, news and sports. RADIO.COM offers anytime, anywhere access through our mobile app and website, home listening devices including Amazon Alexa, Echo and FireTV, Control4, Cortana, Google Home, Play and Chromecast, Grace Digital, Roku, and Sonos, as well as automotive dashboards and game consoles.
RADIO.COM Sports is the union of national coverage of major sports with the best network of local radio experts in sports media, including iconic stations such as WFAN, WEEI, and WIP. RDC Sports brings breaking news, exclusive interviews, and hard-hitting opinion on the biggest stories in sports through the lens of the authoritative local voices who know the players and teams better than anyone else.
RADIO.COM and RADIO.COM Sports are part of Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company, and one of the two largest radio broadcasters in the U.S.
Administrative Support Workers