Connecting Vets is looking for an aggressive reporter with a proven record of developing sources, scooping the competition and holding elected officials and government agencies accountable. This reporter will cover the US Department of Veterans Affairs and veteran-related issues debated on Capitol Hill. In addition to writing compelling stories across our many platforms, this person will work to achieve a high-level of cross-promotion between Web and radio, and work with local and national leadership on strategies and initiatives to grow our presence on the national level.
-Serve as a subject matter expert on Veterans Affairs, and how its policies affect Veterans and their families.
-Build an advanced network of sources that keep Connecting Vets ahead of the competition
-Take complex subject matter and turn it into shareable, interesting content for our Veteran audience.
- Identify, contact, and interview sources for on the record and background reporting.
- Find, write, and distribute compelling military content in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Make appearances on company-owned podcasts, video shows, and social media where you will give analysis and commentary on stories you and other reporters have reported.
- Assist the Brand Manager with story assignments
- Edit the work of fellow reporters
- Write and post social media content
• • • • • • The ability to analyze facts and make judgments about the relevance and newsworthiness of a story.
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1vz4-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.