New York, NY
WCBS Newsradio 880 is looking for a high energy, ethically strong, broadcast storyteller who can handle the deadline pressure of breaking news. We want vivid word pictures, strong writing, and creative use of sound. We need strong social media skills and engagement to amplify your work. We are looking for a seasoned journalist who understands the powerful voice and responsibility of our brand. You must be able to collaborate and come to the table with original ideas that reflect the diversity of America's biggest city. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to harvest unique and compelling stories that affect the lives of people in our communities. You must have the ability to deliver live audio reports on the scene of breaking news. You must be technically skilled for audio delivery and editing. You must also be able to navigate the New York Metropolitan area.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment where your work is subject to intense public scrutiny. This is an extremely high-energy position that will require you to develop and maintain sources, have a working knowledge of legal and FCC rules, understand the difference between filing a report and filing a story, and meet incredibly tight deadlines
• Conceptualize, pitch, develop and produce news segments
• Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content
• Collaborate with newsroom staff
• Report within Live Coverage of Breaking News and Special Coverage
• Interview newsmakers
• Connect with listeners on social and digital platforms to promote brand
• Contribute content on social and digital platforms, including but not limited to audio, video and text
• Have computer to use in the field to edit and produce news stories
• Have access to/use personal vehicle to cover news stories
• Other duties as required by management
• A valid drivers license, insurance and a satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check is required.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless
of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state,
or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment
opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.