New York, NY
News Anchor (WINS)
1010 WINS, New York's premier all-news station, is looking for News Anchors. If you understand that compelling writing, great storytelling, and creative use of sound make for a great news product on-air and in the digital space, then we want to hear from you. New York is one of the most diverse cities in America and our stories reflect its people, issues, politics, and quality of life.
This is a high-energy position that requires you to have a working knowledge of New York City as well as legal and FCC rules.
Anchor responsibilities include:
• Extensive writing under deadline pressure
• Ability to continuously update copy throughout shift
• Ability to read and understand complex material and turn it into easy to understand copy under deadline pressure
• Running your own board
• Understanding how to back-time and hit posts
• The ability to project urgency while staying calm and in control during major breaking news and to do so without a script
• Handling live interviews
• Working with a team of seasoned professionals
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience, preferably in a major market
• Proactive daily engagement on all social media platforms
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required
• Please send resume and a brief paragraph explaining your news philosophy
• Aircheck must accompany resume to be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z350-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.