Talk Show Host
General Sales Manager (Hartford)
Entercom Communications, America's #1 creator of live, original audio content, has an opening for an experienced, high-energy, high-achieving multi-media General Sales Manager in Hartford, CT. In this role, you will work alongside a team of passionate colleagues and with a high-achieving culture, committed to delivering results, marketing excellence, and unwavering customer service. Entercom Hartford is the proud home to great stations that reflect all Hartford has to offer. Our brands are established and highly influential in our community, complementing the best of Hartford. Featuring WTIC-AM News Talk 1080, 96.5 TIC-FM, WRCH, WZMX, Radio.com, and Channel Q. Our brands are as popular as they are influential. Entercom Hartford is the provider of marketing excellence, with award-winning production gurus. Deeply invested in our community, our success depends on the success of local businesses. Best of all, you will receive best-in-class training, incentives, and benefits from Entercom Communications, America's second-largest radio broadcaster and a recognized innovator in our field.
• You must be a sale leader and have the skill and drive to motivate in today's changing (and semi-remote) environment, inspire a sales team to success and contribute innovative ideas to generate revenue
• Responsible for exceeding revenue objectives by impacting people (account executives and clients.)
• Hold sales team accountable to all priorities, managing through internal direct reporting relationships and peer groups to drive results
• Develop, refine, and maintain discipline on a focused overall sales strategy, with specific measurable tactics and actions that generate sales & revenue
• Coach and lead the sales team to success by leaning in, providing support and removing the obstacles that might exist
• Ability to lead and train sales team in evolving media trends- including but not limited to - digital audio, attribution, data, digital
• Develop and grow relationships with clients through both individual and joint meetings with Account Executives, and develop a deep understanding of their needs in the marketplace
• Leverage our data, scale and resources to guide sound management and operational decision-making across the sales organization
• Create sales (audio, digital, experiential, etc.) opportunities that align with client needs and demand
• Own financial metrics of the department, including pricing, inventory and expense management, weekly revenue, pacing and forecasting
• Monitor competition and trends in the market
• Other duties as assigned
• 3- 5 year's experience in media sales management
• Candidates must have a positive attitude and a drive to win. Self-motivation is essential
• You must know how to motivate in today's changing environment, manage inventory and people, and bring new ideas to generate revenue
• You must be goal-driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
• This position reports to the Market Manager/Director of Sales
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires the use of an applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance is required.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers