Entercom Communications, America's #1 creator of live, original audio content, has an opening for an experienced, high-energy, high-achieving multi-media sales manager in Chicago, IL. In this role, you'll work alongside a team of passionate colleagues and with a high-achieving culture, committed to delivering results, marketing excellence and unwavering customer service. At your disposal will be a platform with the largest audio audience in Chicago, client-friendly personalities, leading-edge software, creative services, digital marketing support, seller training modules and comprehensive market research tools; in short, everything you and your sellers need to be successful. Best of all, you'll receive best-in-class training, incentives and benefits from Entercom Communications, America's second largest radio broadcaster and a recognized innovator in our field.
You must be a sales leader and have the skill and drive to motivate in today's changing (and semi-remote) environment, inspire a sales team to success, and contribute innovative ideas to generate revenue. Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for exceeding revenue objectives by impacting people (account executives and clients.)
• Hold sales team accountable to all priorities, with the ability to manage through both internal direct reporting relationships and peer groups to drive results.
• Develop, refine and maintain discipline on a focused overall sales strategy, with specific, measurable tactics and actions that generate sales & revenue.
• Coach and lead sales team to success by leaning in, providing support and removing the obstacles that might exist.
• Ability to lead and train sales team in evolving media trends- including but not limited to - digital audio, attribution, data, digital
• Develop and grow relationships with clients, through both individual and joint meetings with Account Executives, and develop a deep understanding of their needs in the marketplace.
• Leverage our data, scale and resources to guide sound management and operational decision-making across the sales organization.
• Create sales (audio, digital, experiential, etc.,) opportunities that align with client needs and demand.
• Own financial metrics of the department, including pricing, inventory and expense management, and weekly revenue, pacing and forecasting.
• Monitor competition and trends in market.
• Other duties as assigned. This position reports to Director of Sales.
Candidates must have a positive attitude and a drive to win. Self-motivation is essential. You must know how to motivate in today's changing environment, can manage inventory as well as people, and bring new ideas to generate revenue. You must be goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• 5+ years Manager experience in media, preferably audio and digital
• Proven track record of leading a successful sales team through change and innovation
• People first manager, capable to managing and motivating direct reports to individually drive best results
• Strong background in strategic account management, sales training/leadership, pricing and budgeting required.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and organizational skills; high proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
• Experience effectively utilizing a CMS, preferably Salesforce, to manage teams
• High work intensity with the ability to manage various projects and products proactively, and deliver quality results on or before deadlines
• Exceptional Presentation Skills
• Highly skilled negotiator
• BS/BA Degree Preferred
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers