News Content Producer, Central News Team
Los Angeles, CA
KNX 1070 Newsradio is launching an exciting transformation of its digital news operation and is seeking talented digital journalists with strong news judgment and newsgathering skills, as well as a passion for local news and audio storytelling. This team will work to grow audience across all platforms, from the mobile web to social media to smart speakers. This is an opportunity to join an award-winning news operation that has built a large loyal listening audience over many years and now seeks to extend its reach by creating and distributing an array of new digital content.
• Produce and edit audio stories, podcasts, short videos
• Develop story ideas, report, research and write audio and video segments
• Coordinate production and logistics in studio and in the field
• Work with broadcast and digital news leads to curate and tailor broadcast audio segments for digital
• Publish audio stories, podcasts and short videos on all digital platforms
• Write and edit headlines and text to position multimedia content for maximum engagement across multiple platforms, including social media channels
• Bachelor's degree
• 2-3 years of experience producing, editing, and distributing multimedia digital news content
• Proficiency in Adobe Audition or comparable non-linear digital audio editing software
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere or comparable non-linear video editing software
• Graphic design experience, including Photoshop and After Effects or comparable
• Familiarity with best practices on all social media platforms
• Strong news judgment and writing skills and ability to work under deadline pressure
• Experience with content management/online publishing systems
• Passion for local news, podcasts, and digital
• Technological savvy around latest web and mobile apps
• Experience with web analytics, including Chartbeat and Brightcove
• Heavy consumer of podcasts and digital audio streams on all platforms
• Avid social media user
• Willingness to experiment and innovate
• Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced, often hectic environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while under deadline pressure
• Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic
• Ability to take direction well and provide self-direction
• Excellent interpersonal skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and/or ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Administrative Support Workers