Sr. Finance Analyst - Reporting & Accounting
Beverly Hills, CA
VP, Head of Production Finance (TV/Film)
Endeavor Content is a leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater, audio, and live content. Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators and production companies in the ever-changing media landscape. Endeavor Content is a studio that has evolved to meet today's changing business needs and is committed to advocating diversity and equality within our industry.
Endeavor Content has been behind over 100 projects annually that have garnered numerous awards and commercial success. Endeavor Content's recent projects include films ''Just Mercy'' and ''Peanut Butter Falcon,'' television series ''See'' and ''Killing Eve,'' the podcast ''Blackout,'' Rihanna's ''Savage x Fenty Fashion Show'' special, and live event ''Rocketman Live.''
Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
The VP, Head of Production Finance is responsible for setting strategy for and overseeing the day to day operations of Endeavor Content's production finance department, providing financial oversight and support throughout the life-cycle of all our productions, from Development through Post Production. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with a variety of TV and Feature Film production, managing regional incentives, foreign regional production and management of accounting teams in the field. This role will ensure communication and collaboration between production and finance. Direct communication with line producers, finance team and oversight of production accountants will also be of critical importance.
• Manage day to day work of Production Finance Team
• Cultivates strong relationships and communicates frequently with production accounting team leaders to ensure costs are tracked appropriately, data is accurate and proper policies and procedures are being followed
• Track, manage and oversee preparation of production incentive filings for all entities and regions
• Oversees the preparation of periodic management reporting
• Directs project assignments for Production Finance leads on respective TV and Film projects
• Continually evaluates policy and procedure based on necessary compliance, audit review, and periodic changes in the location environment(s)
• Provides support to EVP, Head of Current and Physical Production on special projects, as required
• Manage show budget greenlight process. Ensure accuracy of information on greenlights, prepare greenlight summary page, and route for signature approvals.
• Manage show cash flow and funding process.
• Partner with FP&A team to communicate any changes to show budgets on a timely basis
• Pro-active management of freelancer workloads. Ensure that company policies are followed at the show level.
• Assist with union questions and issues.
• Work closely with Business Affairs to track above the line and below the line show contracts and payments. Address contractual issues and questions.
• Manage day to day show process including setting up new shows and banking arrangements.
• Ensure accurate and timely show level reporting by overseeing and analyzing cost reports.
• Track and approve department expenditures.
• Assist with general production and finance duties as needed.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Sound judgment and ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability to operate successfully in a dynamic environment.
• In-depth knowledge of entertainment industry production, systems, software and process.
• Experience with union shows and guidelines in a variety of formats.
• Show level experience beneficial but not necessary.
• 10+ years Production Finance experience with a successful track record. Proven project management skills
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.