Role: SVP, Film Studio Business and Legal Affairs
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Company Description: Endeavor Content is a global leader in the production and distribution of premium film and television content. The studio's film titles include Book Club for Paramount Pictures, Blue Miracle for Netflix, Just Mercy for Warner Bros and Joe Bell with Roadside Attractions, as well as upcoming titles including The Lost Daughter for Netflix, Ambulance for Universal Pictures and My Best Friend's Exorcism for Amazon. The studio produces premium TV series such as See and Truth Be Told on Apple TV+ and Nine Perfect Strangers and the upcoming Life & Beth for Hulu, Severance for Apple TV+ and Tokyo Vice for HBO Max. Endeavor Content also handles global distribution for hit series including Killing Eve, Normal People and The Night Manager. The studio brokered the deal with Netflix for multiple event series from the Roald Dahl Estate.
• Serve as department head and lead attorney for company's film studio business and legal affairs team
• Negotiate and structure a high volume of complex, high-profile development, production, financing and co-financing agreements
• Provide high-level, strategic business affairs and legal guidance and support to senior film studio executives
• Develop, implement and administer business policies and procedures, deal structures and templates for company's film studio business
• Provide analyses of business and legal issues related to development, production and film investment projects
• Work cross-functionally with a range of departments to implement deals throughout the filmmaking process
• Advise other company departments in connection with complex business and legal matters
• Train, mentor and develop direct reports and junior members of the team
• Minimum 12 years of experience working in a film studio or independent production company business & legal affairs department and/or entertainment law firm
• Experience drafting and negotiating contracts for film development, production, finance, and sales & distribution.
• Organizational skills and attention to detail required
• Strong/mature business-minded lawyer with good judgment and strong interpersonal skills, both internally and externally within the entertainment community
• Ability to function well under pressure and to adjust priorities in order to meet deadlines
• Position based in the Beverly Hills, CA office.
• Admitted to practice law and in good standing.
• Negotiate and structure a high volume of complex, high-profile animation writer, producer, director, and other services deals, talent voice-over and live-action deals, overall deals, and rights deals. Provide assistance as needed in the negotiation of live-action motion picture production deals.
• Provide high-level, strategic business affairs guidance and support to the senior development and production teams.
• Work cross-functionally with a broad range of departments (including Physical Production, Marketing, Labor, Consumer Products, Distribution, Post Production, and Legal) to implement deals throughout the filmmaking process.
• Advise various departments in connection with complex business and legal matters.
• Develop and build deal structures, parameters and templates, and forms.
• Grow and manage relationships with key managers, agencies, and attorneys in the entertainment community.
• A minimum of 10 years previous experience in Theatrical Animation Business Affairs
• Previous experience at a major entertainment studio, production company, or streamer preferred
• BA or BS required
• JD required
• Member of the California State Bar required
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
• Ability to communicate on all levels in a collaborative environment
• Superior judgment, integrity, and interpersonal skills a must
• Ability to function well under pressure and to prioritize and reprioritize frequently
• Attention to detail
• Must have excellent organizational skills
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpxw5e-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.