Sr. Counsel, Real Estate
Beverly Hills, CA
Role: SVP, Film Studio Business and Legal Affairs
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Company Description: Endeavor Content is a leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater, audio, and live content. Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators and production companies in the ever-changing media landscape. Endeavor Content is a studio that has evolved to meet today's changing business needs and is committed to advocating diversity and equality within our industry.
Endeavor Content has been behind over 100 projects annually that have garnered numerous awards and commercial success. Endeavor Content's recent projects include films ''Just Mercy'' and ''Peanut Butter Falcon,'' television series ''See'' and ''Killing Eve,'' the podcast ''Blackout,'' Rihanna's ''Savage x Fenty Fashion Show'' special, and live event ''Rocketman Live.''
Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
• To serve as the lead attorney for Endeavor Content's film studio business and legal affairs team.
• Work across a dynamic and growing development, financing, production slate.
• Lead EC film studio business and legal affairs team.
• Negotiating and drafting of development, production, financing, co-financing, and slate agreements.
• Involved in developing, implementing and administering the business policies and procedures for Endeavor Content's film studio businesses.
• Working with management, creative, sales, production and finance departments to provide information, business advice and consultation services on a regular basis.
• Involved in analyzing business and legal issues related to development, production and film investment projects.
• Candidates should have substantial leadership experience working in a film studio or major independent production company business & legal affairs department, and/or entertainment law firm.
• Minimum 15 years of experience in film development, production, and financing.
• Strong drafting, negotiation and organizational skills; experience drafting and negotiating all manner of contracts for film development, production, finance, and sales & distribution deals; experience with copyright and trademark matters.
• Position is based in the Beverly Hills, CA office.
• Admitted to CA Bar.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.