Full Time Job
Software Development Lead
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWho We Are:
The world's top sports betting and lottery brands choose OpenBet as their partner for world class content, leading tech and tailored service. We have their back, so they're ready with exciting, memorable and safe sports betting experiences to entertain billions of players worldwide.
Endeavor is a global sports and entertainment company, home to many of the world's most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events, and experiences. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation through entertainment agency WME; sports operations and advisory, event management, media production and distribution, and brand licensing through IMG; live event experiences and hospitality through On Location; full-service marketing through global cultural marketing agency 160over90; and sports data and technology through IMG ARENA and OpenBet. Endeavor is also the majority owner of TKO Group Holdings (NYSE: TKO), a premium sports and entertainment company comprising UFC and WWE.
The Development Lead role will be a key one in one of our customer teams. A Development Lead will be working alongside other Development Leads, Development Managers, Programme and Project Managers, Software Architects and Senior Software Engineers in order to shape and implement the technology and people vision of the team that will drive forward OpenBet's customer focussed deliveries. A ''can do'' attitude and out-of-the-box thinking will be prerequisites!
• Quality of the implementation and deployment of development work.
• Security, capacity and performance of delivered applications and services.
• Planning, implementation and evolution of technical processes and feedback to the wider company.
• Adherence to development best practice, notably around CI / CD and Quality Engineering standards.
• Line management of a small to medium development team composed of 1-2 streams including Software Engineers, Senior Software Engineers and Quality Assurance.
• Supporting the recruitment of technical staff onto teams.
• Key stakeholder liaison and alignment with senior people in the OpenBet organisation, from Product teams to Operations and Architecture.
• Take a lead in shaping software engineering practices and processes on the projects, working in various flavours of Agile.
• Motivating and driving the team with technical leadership and vision.
• Ensuring every deliverable has agreed SLAs, which are both demonstrable and monitored against defined KPIs.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Ideally 6+ years commercial hands-on software development experience in a previous role plus a minimum of 2 years' experience managing teams of highly technical staff;
• Exceptional managerial and leadership skills, able to motivate and lead personal development plans for employees as well as driving change and handling difficult and complex project development activities both internally and externally;
• Proven communication and presentation skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Should be opinionated, especially about quality.
Technical skills of relevance:
• Strong knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL;
• Demonstrable experience with TDD and / or BDD;
• Extensive experience is the use of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar and Git (BitBucket);
• Some experience of Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns would be helpful. Hands-on experience in developing microservices or working in an SoA or DDD architecture would be an asset
This position is hybrid, 2 days a week in the office which is located in Chiswick. Days in the office and working hours are flexible.
Endeavor unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we strive to reflect the world's diverse voices.
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3qwo4-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.