VP, Business & Legal Affairs
Beverly Hills, CA
Role: Senior Counsel, Audio/Music/Live
Location: Los Angeles or New York
Company Description: Endeavor Content is a leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater, audio, and live content. Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators and production companies in the ever-changing media landscape. Endeavor Content is a studio that has evolved to meet today's changing business needs and is committed to advocating diversity and equality within our industry.
Endeavor Content has been behind over 100 projects annually that have garnered numerous awards and commercial success. Endeavor Content's recent projects include films ''Just Mercy'' and ''Peanut Butter Falcon,'' television series ''See'' and ''Killing Eve,'' the podcast ''Blackout,'' Rihanna's ''Savage x Fenty Fashion Show'' special, and live event ''Rocketman Live.''
Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
• To serve as the senior attorney for Endeavor Audio Podcast, Music, and Live Events production and sales business.
• Negotiating and drafting underlying rights and talent agreements, as well as financing, sales and distribution agreements.
• Work closely with creative team on non-traditional live and music partnership deals with brands, media companies, and venues as well as deals with songwriters in the non-traditional space (score composers, bands etc.)
• Reviews and makes recommendations on the payment of certain fees, royalties, copyrights, licenses, invoices, claims, and related financial matters.
• Involved in implementing and administering the business policies and procedures for departments' sales, development and financing businesses.
• Working with management, creative, sales production and finance departments to provide information, business advice and consultation services on a regular basis.
• Involved in analyzing business and legal issues related to sales and productions.
• Candidates should have a JD degree and substantial experience working in an entertainment business affairs department, legal affairs department and/or entertainment law firm. Podcast industry experience is a plus.
• 6+ years' experience.
• Strong drafting, negotiation and organizational skills; experience drafting and negotiating all manner of contracts for entertainment sales and distribution, development, production, and finance deals; experience with production clearance issues and ability to handle copyright and trademark matters; experience with distribution-related and/or acquisition agreements.
• Expertise in the Audio/Music market for the production of series and/or film.
• Must be extremely comfortable working independently as well as with counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts.
• JD and in good standing with the bar.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.