The Group Account Director (GAD) is responsible for managing the overall agency relationship across a portfolio of accounts, acting as a trusted link between senior-level clients and the agency. GADs partner with production, creative, and strategy leadership to manage a large team, focusing on inspiring disruptive creative work, setting internal teams up for success, and driving healthy and positive client relationships.
Group Account Directors bring value to our clients by analyzing, solving and selling-through viable, integrated solutions to client problems. They identify and inspire new work streams and solutions that lead to client growth by drawing on the expertise of 160over90's extensive capabilities and our parent company Endeavor's vast resources and influence. They are valued advisors and partners to CMOs, marketing VPs, and brand managers on the client side, as well as agency leaders at similar levels. They identify and champion great creative work and understand the importance of building and training teams that consistently deliver and grow their businesses. They are also exceptional leaders of teams who inspire others to act courageously and work whole-heartedly.
This role requires both client-facing and internal stewardship across all aspects of the business and is comprised of several fundamental components outlined below.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Account Management & Business Development
As the senior-most leaders in the department, GADs must have thorough working knowledge of all roles and responsibilities within Account Management. They must also be capable of participating in the business development process and helping to shepherd a new client into the agency while leading our team to deliver on expectations and business goals.
• Oversee two to three large-scale clients and associated internal Account teams
• Serve as the holder of executive-level client relationships, forging a connection with key decision maker(s)
• Conduct annual planning sessions with senior-level clients to define key business objectives and priorities for the year, resulting in an actionable roadmap that allows the agency to open new opportunities within the client's existing contract(s)
• Identify and secure organic growth opportunities, including opening further channels/relationships on the client side while also leveraging enhanced agency offerings through service lines and offerings across the broader Endeavor network
• Steward overall account health, ensuring relationships are in good standing and/or act as moderator when client/agency relations become strained; demonstrate ability to guide accounts strategically and at critical moments of opportunity, crisis and/or growth
• Champion agency work product, assisting in successfully navigating the senior client buy-in process
• Digitally fluent, with an understanding of the complex, fragmented media landscape and how to bring together cohesive programs and drive results for clients
• Provide leadership and guidance to account management staff, ensuring accounts receive appropriate client service at all levels (client mapping)
• Take active role in new business efforts as required
Financial & Operational
The GAD is responsible for managing the financial health and overall operational performance of their teams as if they were running their own ''mini agency''.
• This includes detailed comprehension of the financial forecast and utilization goals for the team and the ability to manage to them, including the following:
• Understand and manage to an annual financial forecast
• Create and plan against quarterly targets to deliver against annual financial forecast, including quarterly re-forecasts based on YTD actuals
• Define action plans to renew client contracts at levels greater than or equal to current contract value
• Ensure that team is staffed appropriately to meet revenue and utilization goals
The GAD is responsible for managing the overall staff on their account(s), with specific focus on account management. This includes day to day oversight as well as career development planning.
• Mentor and train account team members; be a resource for team members across other departments
• Set growth plans and conduct performance evaluations for direct reports
• Manage and delegate a wide variety of tasks at one time with a strong emphasis on leadership abilities
• Meet expectations for employee retention across the team
• Actively recruit team members and participate in the hiring process as required
• Foster a sense of team to build a harmonious working environment and morale amongst the account staff
• Effectively navigate a wide variety of personalities and styles and deal with conflict fairly and swiftly
• Promote team/client successes across the agency
Agency Promotion & Culture
As a senior leader within the agency, the GAD is expected to contribute to advancing the agency's exposure/growth while contributing to the development of internal culture.
• Drive thought leadership, attend conferences, create case studies and whitepapers
• Merchandise value via client results and KPIs
• Stay current on client & industry trends (advertising, social platforms, cultural trends, etc.)
• Play an active role across the agency to contribute to the company's culture
• Experience Required: 10-12+ years at leading ad agencies
• Reports To: SVP Account Management
• Direct Reports: Account Directors / Sr. Account Managers
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
• Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem solving capabilities.
• Strong negotiation skills and experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience working on integrated campaigns with video production at the center.
• Experience in the digital and social media spaces.
• Proven ability to drive and inspire disruptive creative ideas and breakthrough campaign work.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7eywp-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.