Overall Scope of Role
Manager, Sports Experiences is primarily focused on the ideation and execution of our travel and hospitality experiences for our direct-to-consumer motorsports products . The Manager supports Directors and works closely with
other Managers and Coordinators across the department to create a positive and efficient environment focused on executing with excellence. Coordinates all activities associated with the sales and execution
of our travel & hospitality events for motorsports.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Managing budgets including reconciliation, documenting savings and variances to the budget, and forecasting are required.
• Manage existing and new direct-to-consumer offerings to hit budget on a year-to-year basis for all motorsports offerings.
• Ideate and implement new direct-to-consumer experiential offerings around all motorsports experiences.
• Work closely with all NASCAR, SMI, IMS, and local track contacts to create efficiencies, provide better experiences, and drive revenue.
• Negotiating and contract management with preferred vendors for event services, hotels , food and beverage, transportation companies, destination management companies, restaurants, and other industry related vendors.
• Work closely with team leaders to adjust, document, and implement new event processes utilizing our proprietary Event Management System(s).
• Establish operational accountability (e.g., checklists, quality assurance tests) for the team and share best practices across event teams.
• Bring new ideas to the table to create efficiencies, provide better experiences, and drive revenue.
• Key client management with both existing and new clients.
Specific Job Responsibilities
• Work closely with vendors for all aspects of a n event .
• Assist in the development, documentation, and implementation of event procedures and systems.
• Identification and implementation of operational efficiencies.
• Drive focus on Continuous Quality Improvement.
• Collaborate with event and customer service teams to identify improvement opportunities and develop effective training materials to impact results.
• A continual drive for self-development and discovering better means of accomplishing both personal and professional goals.
• Proven track record of adding value to companies and providing strong contributions to executive leadership.
• Proven ability to take necessary actions to rectify problems and improve situations, even those outside areas of direct responsibility.
• Proven ability analyzing, organizing, summarizing, and articulating complex information in to be meaningful / applicable across a variety of audiences.
• Ability to work with and support others in a positive way.
Administrative & Other Responsibilities
• Conduct Event Team and Leadership Team meetings, regularly.
• Always provide leadership / feedback on process development / improvement.
• Provide input on performance reviews, bonuses, and merit increases.
• Proven experience as a working manager who excels in a fast-paced environment, handles pressure well and is self-motivated to accomplish assigned tasks timely and efficiently.
• Proven advanced user level capability with all Microsoft Office Software, specifically Excel & PowerPoint.
• • Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills – inclusive of presentation skills and ability to build relationships with employees, leadership, and external business associates at any level.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for managing direct reports and carrying out managerial responsibilities according to the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the employee's activities, duties, or responsibilities for this job. Duties, obligations, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Must be adaptable with work and travel schedule. Available to travel for work during holidays and key event times.
Required Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality, Sports Management, Marketing, Business or a related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
• Experience in a management position (minimum of 4 + years), preferably in the motorsports field.
• Experience in managing or selling direct-to-consumer offering.
Preferred Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience with Sports and Events Operations.
• Experience in the Travel & Hospitality industry.
• Experience in the Management of Hospitality Events (receptions, parties, etc.)
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g65mz8-3-237-29-69-42 in your application.