The Manager, Sports Experiences, will be responsible for managing hotel reservations associated with our Housing Event Team, where we manage hotel reservations for large sporting events of 600-6,000 rooms per night.
The Manager will partner very closely with our clients to provide winning travel solutions and experiences for their events. The Manager will negotiate contracts with hotels and travel vendors to offer the lowest rates and best terms for guests. There will be daily communication with customers making hotel reservations and this ramps up leading into an event. The Manager will oversee hotel inventory daily and will require strong data management and attention to detail skills. This is a fast-paced, computer-based role that will require handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, consistently meet deadlines and ensure customers have exceptional experiences.
The Manager will report to a Director on our team and will likely manage coordinators in the department to create a positive and efficient environment focused on executing events with excellence. The Manager will need to showcase strong leadership skills at all times. This position will also work with other Managers in leading the team, developing and driving consistent event processes.
Key characteristics that this individual must possess include a strong desire to help people, strategic decision-making ability, organizational skills, ability to create an event plan and successfully implement, as well as strong communication and customer service skills. Attention to detail and the ability to work with a team toward a common goal is critical. This person must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, anticipate event needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision. Experienced, take-charge professionals that work well under pressure, have impeccable attention to detail, and handle a crisis with a steady hand are essential key characteristics for success in this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure all customers attending events are provided exceptional customer service
• Help guests making hotel reservations and resolve any guest related issues, as well as all last-minute changes leading into events
• Foster client relationships by maintaining regular contact with key partners to develop strategies for upcoming events. Identify specific needs and expectations that encourage repeat business
• Gain knowledge of all events to provide customer support for inbound calls, including scheduled phone hours
• Optimize sales and maintain strong hotel relationships by managing hotel inventory efficiently across city-wide markets
• Manage and negotiate all vendor/hotel contracts, based on the requirements of the event and client's needs
• Build strong relationships with key vendors to ensure delivery of contracted services
• Create and distribute event-related communications to applicable recipients including vendors, partners and guests
• Create event builds in proprietary reservation management systems
• Audit hotel rooming lists to ensure accuracy of reservations
• Review post-event notes and client surveys to ensure brand quality standards are achieved
• Build and manage event budgets and measure post-event results
• Analyze and review financials relating to event sales, event expenses, payments, reconciliations, client reporting, and general ledger allocations.
• Work in conjunction with and communicate closely with other departments as it relates to assigned events
• Assist with website support by providing relevant content, preparing collateral materials, implementing innovative ideas, and ensuring the accuracy of information
• Work with accounting department to manage all financial aspects including pricing, event budgets, vendor payments and client reporting
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Team management to include weekly meetings, performance management, team development, staff training, reinforcement of & accountability for processes
• Development, documentation, and implementation of specific event procedures and systems
• Drive focus on continuous quality improvement
• Conduct Sports Experiences team meetings, as needed
• Participate in post-event review meetings regularly
• Conduct process review/improvement meetings regularly
Must be available to travel for work during holidays and key event times. Expected travel less than 15%
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the employee's activities, duties, or responsibilities for this job. Duties, obligations, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree in hospitality, sports/event management or a related field
• Experience in a management position and at least 3+ years in the sports or travel/hospitality industry
• Exceptional interpersonal skills – a collaborative style and ability to communicate effectively at all levels with strong oral, written, and presentation skills
As the leading experiences company in the world, we strive to be the most innovative and passionate - the best of the best. We uphold these values in our quest for excellence:
• Exceed all service expectations with our customers, partners, and each other.
• Create value by enriching people's lives.
• Do the right thing and bring others along with us - always.
• Propel the power of diversity in thought, team and experience.
• Partner to generate win-win solutions.
• Ignite and empower our team's entrepreneurial spirit.
• Exude respect and gratitude - treat others as you would want to be treated.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, and 401k plan.
On Location is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvn16n-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.