Los Angeles, CA
• Coordination of licensing activities (approval processes, royalty reporting/tracking, licensee database management, new licensee on-boarding, and communications).
• Manage and maintain approvals platform (Client setup, licensee enrollment, product approvals)
• Develop a knowledge and understanding of licensees and product categories
• Maintain various database and spreadsheet files – including licensee contact information, marketing support deliverables, contractual commitments
• Create and/or update sales presentation materials, franchise decks, product inspiration boards using Power Point
• Assist with the preparation/presentation of internal meetings, road shows, and events
• Assist with execution of projects or specific stages of projects as assigned; track progress and results when necessary
• Support research activities and assist in recommendations of product development inspiration to support licensees
• Independently draft responses to general correspondence
• Assist with the planning and execution of special events, projects, meetings and conferences.
• Provide phone support; organize calls, listen and proactively set follow up
• Assist Director in meeting divisional goals, objectives, and priorities
• Attend and participate in divisional/departmental meetings
• Other tasks as requested
• Self–Starter: the individual has the ability to stay focused despite changing conditions and workload
• Interest in Sales, Retail and Brand strategy
• Planning/Organizing: the individual uses time efficiently and has the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Quality Control: the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
• Adaptability: the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
• Computer Proficiency: the individual must have excellent computer skills and be able to learn new software as needed
• Dependability: the individual is consistently at work on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
• Cooperation: the individual works well with others and is willing to assist where needed; team player
• Attention to Detail: the individual accomplishes tasks thoroughly and efficiently and has strong organizational skills
• Communication: the individual has the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively (verbally and in writing), and ability to converse effectively with other Licensing staff, client institutions and licensees
• Problem Solving: the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, and maintains confidentiality
• Interpersonal Skills: the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things
• Attitude: the individual must always be willing to put the client first and foremost with a positive and friendly customer service attitude
• Bachelor's degree
• 2-4 years of relevant licensing experience
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Experience within retail and/or apparel industry a plus
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Some travel may be required
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8b08-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.