IT Governance, Risk & Compliance Associate
New York, NY
General responsibilities and duties
• Lead event support teams in the management of gathering technology requirements to setup infrastructure and end user equipment, ensuring strong user experience and cost-effective implementation of infrastructure solutions for events.
• Provide operational implementation for event infrastructure and networking.
• Connect effectively with vendors to secure the best-in-class technology for event operations
• Drive event setup, operational support and breakdown
• Manage event budget and resourcing
• Ensure smooth IT operations of event infrastructure, including provision for event high availability
• Technical lead for helpdesk resources when they are assisting at events
• Handle immediate IT issues at event site and assist event staff with any technical issues or questions
• Oversee and handle immediate need activities such as video conferencing setups account management at events when needed
• Ensure event setup details and process
• Assess issues quickly and professionally, and take steps to resolve
• Escalate and refer unresolved issues to other team members or external vendors when appropriate
• Maintain and manage all event hardware, including shipping, delivery, set up, breakdown, and return to office
• Liaise with event stakeholders to gather and update requirements for hardware and infrastructure
• Maintain a flexible approach to work schedule with early starts and late finishes including working weekends
• Adherence to and enforcement of all information security protocols
• The ability and willingness to work away from home for extended periods for event durations.
Additional responsibilities and duties when necessary
• Administer Windows user accounts in Active Directory
• Set up and support mobile devices and Wi-Fi access for events
• Set up and support desktop telecommunications terminals (phones, voicemail services and inbound routing) during the event setup and for the duration of the event
• Perform basic server administration (power cycle, troubleshooting connectivity issues) for event devices
• Manage the network connectivity (patch cables, switch and router infrastructure) for event devices
• Ensure a high degree of information security for events through password controls, prompt termination and activation of users etc.
• Support internally developed software suite for events, including assisting in QA process
• Manage and maintain Anti-Virus Endpoint Estate
The ideal candidate will possess a phenomenal team player attitude and tenacity to confidently take ownership of the IT needs of an event for its duration. They will be unflappable and flexible, understanding the importance of excellent service, documentation, and absolute discretion.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge and understanding of:
• Technical skills/experience in administration and maintenance of the following will be valuable.
• Windows/MAC server administration –physical, virtual on-premise infrastructure as well as infrastructure on AWS/Azure
• Expert-level experience with Networking equipment such as switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
• Infrastructure and network monitoring tools, Backup solutions and Enterprise software such as email, fileserver
• Enterprise IT security appliances
• Communications and telephony administration
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills to help event user groups understand complex infrastructure challenges and setup
• Ability to work independently and as an integral part of our global team
• Desire to learn, remain current, and experiment with new technologies
• Good project management skills and ability to help team prioritize issues
• Growth mindset with passion to continuously improve our infrastructure setup and processes
• Event vendor contract negotiation and procurement management, locally as well as across borders or states regulations
• Microsoft Windows 10 desktops and laptops
• Microsoft Office productivity software
• Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange Server and Windows Server
• Mobile phone devices (iOS, Android)
• Cisco AnyConnect VPN Configuration and Administration
• Mac OSX installation and configuration as well as Office for Mac
• Various printers, scanners, some fax services
• Enterprise Level AV Administration and Support
• Experience with Telecoms systems such as Avaya, Cisco ShoreTel and MS Teams
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Total 5+ years of IT experience and at least 2+ years of supervising or leading preferably desktop support teams.
• 5+ years providing support for MS Office 2010 & 2016, Office 365 and all major component applications.
• 5+ years providing onsite technical support for workstations, applications and networking technologies.
• Ability to prioritize & multi-task in a fast-paced/demanding environment.
• Strong analytical thinking & problem-solving.
• Strong interpersonal/relationship-building skills & customer service values/practices.
• Strong written, verbal & phone skills, with ability to explain technical matters in non-technical terms.
• Project management skills and experience desirable
• University degree or equivalent
• Experience to recognize and recommend changes to support procedures and user guidance as part of an ongoing improvement.
• Maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times. All ENDEAVOR employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement, and any breach of this agreement will result in immediate disciplinary procedures.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmm6x-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.