The Group Account Director (GAD) is responsible for managing the overall agency relationship across a portfolio of accounts, acting as a trusted link between senior-level clients and the agency. They serve as the most senior account role in our department, and GADs partner with creative leadership to manage a large team, focusing on financial benchmarks, staffing/talent management, work development and delivery, and client management. The chief responsibilities of the Group Account Director are to serve as ''mission control'' in overseeing and running multiple account teams-driving high-level conversations and strategies, both internally and externally, while identifying ways to grow the business.
Group Account Directors bring value to our clients by analyzing, solving and selling-through viable, integrated solutions to client problems. They identify and inspire new work streams and solutions that lead to client growth by drawing on the expertise of 160over90's extensive capabilities and our parent company Endeavor's vast resources and influence. They are valued advisors and partners to CMOs, marketing VPs, and brand managers on the client side, as well as agency leaders at similar levels. They identify and champion great creative work and understand the importance of building and training teams that consistently deliver and grow their businesses. They are also exceptional leaders of teams who inspire others to act courageously and work whole-heartedly.
This role requires both client-facing and internal stewardship across all aspects of the business and is comprised of several fundamental components outlined below.
Account Management & Business Development
As the senior-most leaders in the department, GADs must have thorough working knowledge of all roles and responsibilities within Account Management. They must also be capable of participating in the business development process and helping to shepherd a new client into the agency while leading our team to deliver on expectations and business goals.
• Oversee two to three account teams, each with ~5-6 accounts
• Serve as the holder of executive-level client relationships, forging a connection with key decision maker(s)
• Conduct annual planning sessions with senior-level clients to define key business objectives and priorities for the year, resulting in an actionable roadmap that allows the agency to open jobs within the client's existing contract(s)
• Identify and secure organic growth opportunities, including opening further channels/relationships on the client side while also leveraging enhanced agency offerings through service lines and Endeavor partner agencies
• Steward overall account health, ensuring relationships are in good standing and/or act as moderator when client/agency relations become strained; demonstrate ability to guide accounts strategically and at critical moments of opportunity, crisis and/or growth
• Champion agency work product, assisting in successfully navigating the senior client buy-in process
• Digitally fluent, with an understanding of the complex, fragmented media landscape and how to bring together cohesive programs and drive results for clients
• Provide leadership and guidance to account management staff, ensuring accounts receive appropriate client service at all levels (client mapping)
• Take active role in new business efforts as required
Financial & Operational
The GAD is responsible for managing the financial health and overall operational performance of their teams as if they were running their own ''mini agency'' and these efforts are conducted in partnership with the Group Project Manager (GPM) they are paired with, as well as the Executive Creative Directors (ECD) assigned to these accounts.
This includes detailed comprehension of the financial forecast and utilization goals for the team and the ability to manage to them, including the following:
• Understand and manage to an annual financial forecast for their book of business to deliver revenue derived from contract hours, organic growth, productions, media buys, new business and renewals
• Create and plan against quarterly targets to deliver against annual financial forecast, including quarterly reforecasts based on YTD actuals
• Define action plans to renew client contracts at levels greater than or equal to current contract value
• Ensure that team is staffed appropriately to meet revenue and utilization goals
Human Resources & Staff Management
The GAD is responsible for managing the overall staff on their book of business, with specific focus on account management. This includes day to day oversight as well as career development planning.
• Mentor and train account team members; be a resource for team members across other departments
• Set growth plans and conduct performance evaluations for direct reports
• Manage and delegate a wide variety of tasks at one time with a strong emphasis on leadership abilities
• Meet expectations for employee retention across the team
• Actively recruit team members and participate in the hiring process as required
• Foster a sense of team to build a harmonious working environment and morale amongst the account staff
• Effectively navigate a wide variety of personalities and styles and deal with conflict fairly and swiftly
• Promote team/client successes across the agency
As a senior leader within the agency, the GAD is expected to contribute to advancing the agency's exposure/growth to industry events and opportunities, including:
• Drive thought leadership, attend conferences, create case studies and white-papers
• Merchandise value via client results and KPIs
• Attend networking events, manage public perception of agency
• Stay current on client & industry trends (advertising, higher ed, fundraising, etc)
The GAD is responsible for a variety of business reports to the agency management team, including:
• Monthly contract renewal reports
• Quarterly revenue targets (contract hours utilization, renewals, organic growth)
• Quarterly client success and KPI reports
• Quarterly team performance reports, including identifying staff flight risks and opportunities for talent development/growth
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzy777-3-93-74-25-42 in your application.