Who We Are:
IMG is a global leader in sports, fashion, events and media. The company manages some of the world's greatest athletes and fashion icons; owns and operates hundreds of live events annually; and is a leading independent producer and distributor of sports and entertainment media. IMG also specializes in licensing, sports training and league development. IMG is a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global sports and entertainment company.
Main Purpose of Job
The Financial Analyst will support the Director of FP&A Events and help shape the business reporting, providing accurate and timely financial information to assist the business in their decision-making. They will help drive efficiencies around month-end, budgeting/forecasting, and general financial reporting.
This role would work across the Events division including Sports events and rights, Lifestyle (Non-Sport) and Barrett Jackson, but primarily their focus would be on the On Location side of the group, including the Olympics and Superbowl.
The candidate must have a pro-active and adaptive approach to work as well as a willingness and interest in understanding the nature of the businesses within the Events division and On Location and the many factors affecting it.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• The role will support the VP, FP&A Events and OL:
• Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
• Work with the BU FD's and their wider teams to ensure budgets and forecasts are completed in a timely fashion and to the required level of detail.
• Work with the BU FD's and their wider teams to ensure monthly reporting roll up is completed in a timely fashion and to the required level of detail.
• Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
• Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
• Enhance the weekly finance reporting, ensuring the delivery of pre-show and post-show flash financials
• Own the bottom-up cash flow planning during budgeting and forecasting, co-ordinating the input from the Business Units
• Risks and Opps are flagged as necessary by BU and escalated as necessary
• Supporting the Consumer Marketing Team with reporting and performance
• Supporting the Sponsorship Team with reporting and performance
• Develop the teams use of BW reporting (add on to SAP) by becoming BW Super User and working out how to get the best out of this tool for our teams reporting.
• Support reporting from BPC (add on to SAP) used for managing forecasting and actuals reporting
Unusual Challenges or Circumstances e.g. shift(s)/ unsocial hours/ travel etc
• Will be required to work occasionally outside of standard working hours or at weekends at events
Knowledge and Experience
• Strong IT skills (especially Microsoft Office)
• Strong accounting knowledge
• Process-orientated and able to manage and reconcile large data sets
• Event experience
• NetSuite / SAP accounting software / BPC experience
• Experience in the Media and Entertainment industry (preferred)
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; comfortable interaction with executive-level management
• Excellent planning & organizational skills to achieve multiple & sometimes conflicting deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure
• Attention to Detail
• Strong modeling skills
Qualifications and Training
• Qualified – ACA / CIMA / ACCA or equivalent or qualified by experience
• Educated to a degree or equivalent level
• Strong focus on seeking efficiencies with attention to detail
• Ability to work proactively and individually but also as a team player
Endeavor unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we strive to reflect the world's diverse voices.
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Per local requirements and in the interest of transparency, the range shown below reflects the prevalent current hiring range for this position. Hiring pay rates are based on a number of factors, including location and may vary depending on job-related qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience. Endeavor strives to provide locally competitive rewards packages, which include base rate along with, as applicable, short- and long-term incentives, growth and developmental opportunities, and robust benefits, such as health care, retirement, vacation and other paid time off, and additional offerings.
Hiring Range Minimum:
Hiring Range Maximum:
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk61pq-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.