- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job Description• Position Summary/Objective:
PBR is seeking a positive, energetic, and detail-oriented Event Accountant to join our organization. This position will be based at PBR Headquarters in Pueblo, CO, but will support the finance and accounting of events across the United States. The ideal candidate will possess both strong analytical and quantitative skills and be able to work independently and proactively. The candidate will show a willingness to learn about the company and industry. The candidate should be able to communicate with individuals across all levels of PBR to understand the drivers impacting event performance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Accountable for preparing weekly internal event related reporting – cash flows, forecasts, event income statements and ticketing reports with consistency, accuracy, and timeliness
• Day to day management of event related accounts
• Perform event settlement accounting – liaise and coordinate with departments to gather and submit proper revenue and expense documentation to event partners until event is reconciled and closed as appropriate
• Perform month-end and quarter-close duties for events, including recording accurate journal entries, reviewing expenses for accrual/deferral, reviewing expenses for reasonableness, and ensuring appropriate revenue recognition
• Assists in the development of annual operating budget and settlement budgets for events
• Perform other fiduciary responsibilities/duties as assigned
• Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Experience in a variety of accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Thorough understanding of GAAP and a broad knowledge of accounting systems
• Time management skills, ability to successfully handle multiple deadlines and competing priorities
• Strong attention to detail and organization
• Team Player who can communicate and adapt in a fast moving and fluid work environment
• Education & Formal Training:
• B.A./B.S. in Accounting, Finance or Economics - preferred
• CPA not required, but a plus
• 2-5 years general accounting experience - preferred
• Strong understanding of financial systems and Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
• Experience utilizing SAP Accounting and Adaptive Insights software a plus
• Working Conditions:
• Normal office hours Monday-Friday
• Weekends, extended hours and travel as necessary
Salary Range - $50,000 - $60,000/annual
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk1460-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.