Role: Director, Financial Reporting & Accounting
Reports to: VP, Controller, Endeavor Content
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Company Description: Endeavor Content is a leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater, audio, and live content. Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators and production companies in the ever-changing media landscape. Endeavor Content is a studio that has evolved to meet today's changing business needs and is committed to advocating diversity and equality within our industry.
Endeavor Content has been behind over 100 projects annually that have garnered numerous awards and commercial success. Endeavor Content's recent projects include films ''The Lost Daughter'' and ''Just Mercy''; television series ''See'', ''Killing Eve'' and ''Nine Perfect Strangers''; Rihanna's ''Savage x Fenty Fashion Show'' special; and live event ''Rocketman Live.''
Endeavor Content (EC) is a division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
EC is looking for a Director Financial Reporting & Accounting to join its Finance team reporting to the VP, Controller. The position will lead the financial reporting and technical accounting activities for EC's worldwide business lines and effectively document policies and procedures.
• Review revenue recognition across business lines and effectively document Policies & Procedures to enhance the quality of financial reporting.
• Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of both existing and new accounting pronouncements.
• Collaborate with technical accounting teams in Los Angeles and New York to ensure alignment on approach.
• Assist with quarterly corporate and third-party financial reporting including preparation of footnotes, statement of cash flows, equity rollforward, disclosures, and analytics maintaining the highest quality, reliability, and accuracy.
• Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting.
• Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
• Liaison with Finance & Accounting teams and internal and external auditors to ensure controls compliance and that stated policies and procedures are adhered to. Develop strategic relationships to facilitate timely deliverables and ensure expectations are met.
• Conduct ad-hoc analyses and perform special projects as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting with CPA certification and public accounting background
• 10+ years of progressive accounting/finance required in the Entertainment industry, including a comprehensive understanding of ASC 606. Production finance/accounting background strongly preferred.
• Experience in implementing and carrying out Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and high level of comfort working with all levels of management
• Strong technical accounting background
• Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely
• Ability to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum
• Self-motivated individual with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Attention to detail and results oriented
• Working knowledge of SAP general ledger (ECC) and budgeting/planning (BPC) systems preferred
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xy07-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.