Counsel, Digital / TV Business Affairs Executive
New York, NY
This role will be to provide support and expert legal advice on global inbound and outbound streaming, technology transactions, data licensing, and related matters.
• Handle all commercial legal work for Endeavor Streaming.
• Act as point of contact on technology, content and data analytics agreements.
• Negotiate legal and business terms of technology-related commercial agreements (software license agreements (with an emphasis on streaming agreements), professional services agreements, cloud services agreements, SDK and API agreements, development services agreements, data licensing, vendor contracts, and partnership agreements) and maintain commercial templates that comply with company policies and applicable laws.
• Develop and maintain expertise in the law and industry standards related to data use and analytics, including privacy, consumer protection, security, intellectual property, media, content and marketing.
• Have day-to-day contact for technology transactions inquiries and issues within the business, working within the legal team and closely with the business and finance teams.
• Clearly present and explain (and offer practical solutions regarding) contract conditions, details, opportunities and risks to internal business partners.
• Draft, enhance, or implement policies and procedures to streamline operations.
• Support business and corporate functions on the mitigation of risk.
Skills and Experience
• Excellent technical knowledge of data licensing and services including streaming products and services, analytics products and platforms, artificial intelligence/machine learning, and the management of legal risks associated with a variety of data analytics insights programs (including operational insights, internal business metrics and product improvement insights, customer-facing insights).
• Extensive experience drafting and negotiating technology transactions and other legal agreements.
• JD with 3-7 years of experience focusing on technology transactions for software and/or platform companies, data licensing, and analytics, and member in good standing of applicable bar.
• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Managing relationships, engaging with senior stakeholders and an ability to solve problems creatively and effectively across multiple geographies and departments.
• Practical, solution-oriented approach to legal issues.
• Upbeat temperament, dynamic personality, proactive and highly team-oriented approach to work.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3kym4-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.