Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world's most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME; sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.
The Counsel will join the Corporate Legal team, a small team of attorneys responsible for providing legal support to business units across Endeavor's global platform on material corporate transactions, with a primary focus on M&A, joint ventures, investments, corporate secretarial and corporate governance and securities matters. The attorney will be a critical player in driving the company's business model and executing on its mergers and acquisitions growth strategy. Moreover, he/she will interact frequently with the company's business leaders to help communicate and advance transactions. The Counsel role is based out of New York and will report to the SVP, Associate General Counsel & Corporate Secretary.
• Interact with and support various groups across the company, with a primary focus on M&A, joint ventures, investments, corporate secretarial and corporate governance and securities matters.
• Provide support for M&A and joint venture transactions, including working with members of the Corporate Development team on deal structure and LOI terms, planning and assisting in due diligence, drafting and negotiating deal agreements, and actively managing deal process and execution.
• Provide support on real estate, corporate, commercial and other transactions and special projects.
• Manage legal matters, including activities to be performed in-house to best support the company's legal activities and minimize risk for the business.
• Provide timely and practical legal advice to the company's business leaders, including proactively identifying key issues and providing advice and counsel to the company's senior leaders.
• Develop and maintain strong partnerships with internal stakeholders and executive teams to influence decision making and achieve successful business outcomes.
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
• Membership in good standing of the New York State Bar.
• 3-6 years' experience as a practicing corporate lawyer.
• Overall broad legal knowledge of corporate law.
• Proven experience working on corporate-related matters, with a primary focus on M&A, joint ventures, investments, corporate secretarial and corporate governance and securities matters.
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
• Excellent judgment and analytical skills.
• Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to ''see around the corner.''
• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to manage relationships, engage with senior stakeholders and solve problems creatively and effectively across multiple geographies and departments
• Practical, solution-oriented approach to legal issues
• Upbeat temperament, dynamic personality, proactive and highly team-oriented approach to work
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8b8n-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.