Counsel - Streaming, Data, and Technology Transactions
New York, NY
WME seeks a talented and highly motivated lawyer to join its Business Affairs department in New York, supporting our digital and non-scripted television departments. Primary responsibilities include structuring and negotiating a wide range of deals in digital media, podcasting and television, for production companies, on-camera talent, producers, directors, rights holders and others involved in the creation and exploitation of non-fiction content. This is a high-volume practice supporting a large group of agents who operate within tight timeframes.
• Effectively advise agents, executives and clients on deal structuring, negotiation and strategy
• Act as an entrepreneurial business partner with WME's digital and non-scripted television agents, and provide them with strategic deal-making support and guidance
• Negotiate agreements for production services, personal services, underlying rights, content development, content licensing, distribution, etc.
• Continue developing an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the industry and consider the implications of its evolution on the business and its clients
• Develop and maintain systems to optimize information sharing and document management
• Foster positive long-term relationships with the company's clients and customers
• JD from an ABA-accredited law school
• Admitted to NY Bar (or another state bar permissible under NY in-house counsel rules)
• 5-10 years of transactional legal/business affairs experience, ideally with at least 2 of those years at a law firm, and at least 2 focusing on non-scripted programming in-house at a television production company, studio, network or platform, or within an entertainment law firm
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact with a range of personalities and styles at varying levels of seniority in a highly collaborative and fast-paced business environment
• Outstanding negotiation, drafting, analytical, prioritization and organizational skills, including the ability to execute multiple, high-priority projects independently and on short timeframes
• Sound judgment, a curious mind, a strong work ethic, keen attention to detail and a creative, collaborative and business-oriented approach to problem-solving
• Grit, tenacity and flexibility
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1ypx0-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.