Business & Legal Affairs Executive
New York, NY
Seeking an attorney with 3 - 5 years' experience to join the Endeavor's Ethics & Compliance Office, reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer. The ideal candidate has compliance, regulatory and/or litigation experience at a top law firm, government agency or in-house department. The position will be based in New York City.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Development and implementation of policies, procedures and training to support rollout of the various compliance initiatives, including the company's Conflicts of Interest Disclosure Process and Gifts & Entertainment tracking.
• Development and delivery of training, both in-person and online, to support rollout of the Company's Code of Conduct and education in key legal and policy compliance areas including anti-corruption, conflicts of interest, competition laws, preventing workplace violence, human trafficking, social media, and speaking up/anti-retaliation.
• Assisting with KYC and vendor due diligence processes, including research of third parties to screen for sanctions, corruption, money laundering, and other legal or reputational issues.
• Managing due diligence and tracking of third party intermediaries across the organization, using online platform to research and review third parties, gather information from internal and external sources, manage training and certifications, assist with regular audits and reporting to senior management.
• Working with Endeavor global corporate compliance team to draft, implement and refine employee facing compliance policies. Assist in customizing policies for specific business units and developing a policy library.
• Drafting monthly newsletters with information on relevant cases, legal and policy updates.
• Providing real-time advice on business and legal issues
• Leading efforts to identify and prioritize potential areas of compliance vulnerabilities and risk and recommend corrective action
• Researching and staying up to date on the latest compliance legal issues and technology trends
• Compliance and/or litigation experience at a top law firm, government agency or in-house practice
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that will enable interaction with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced business environment (including explaining complex and sensitive concepts to clients and colleagues)
• Solid analytic skills, creative problem-solving abilities and a practical business-oriented viewpoint
• Detail-oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize and produce quality work within deadlines
• Outstanding drafting and organizational skills
• Positive attitude focused on problem solving through a proactive and highly team-oriented approach to work
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.