Legal Operations Manager
New York, NY
WME seeks a talented and highly motivated lawyer to join its business and legal affairs team, primarily supporting its sports marketing agents.
• Negotiating a high volume of contracts under tight deadlines, including endorsement, appearance, license and other image-rights and personal-services agreements, primarily for athletes
• Training on dealmaking best practices
• Acting as an entrepreneurial business partner and providing actionable guidance to agents
• Implementing and refining systems for information- and document-management
• Fostering positive long-term relationships with the company's clients and customers
• Admitted attorney with 5+ years of transactional legal experience, including 2+ years at a law firm (ideally as an IP associate)
• Experience with endorsement and/or licensing contracts
• Outstanding analytical, negotiation and organizational skills, and exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact with a range of personalities and styles in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Sound judgment, a curious mind, a strong work ethic, and a creative but practical and business-friendly approach to problem-solving
• Grit, tenacity and flexibility
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.