VP, Legal Affairs
Warner Music Group
Music Business Affairs Attorney, Music Department at WME
WME seeks a talented and highly motivated lawyer to join its Business Affairs department in Nashville, supporting its music agents. Primary responsibilities include structuring, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of deals in touring and live performance for A-list artists. This is a high-volume practice supporting a large group of agents who operate within tight timeframes. This individual will also be responsible for supporting existing executives, developing operational efficiencies, and ensuring best practices within the business unit.
• Act as an innovative business partner with, and provide strategic support and guidance to, WME's music agents, the Worldwide Head of Music Business Affairs, and senior legal colleagues.
• Review and negotiate agreements for artist touring operations globally including, but not limited to, long term touring agreements, festival performances, and private/corporate engagements.
• Implement and refine new systems designed to optimize efficiency, compliance, and corporate and legal initiatives.
• Foster positive long-term relationships with the company's clients and customers.
• JD from an ABA-accredited law school.
• Admitted to the TN Bar.
• 5+ years working in music, entertainment, and/or media in a law firm or in-house capacity.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to interact with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced business environment. This includes explaining complex concepts to clients and colleagues without legal knowledge.
• Must be able to prioritize a heavy work load with tight timelines.
• Detail oriented, big picture thinking, and cool under pressure.
• A curious mind, self-motivation, a strong work ethic, and a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
• Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor in all instances, especially when interacting with clients.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx76po-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.