WME Sports seeks a talented and highly motivated lawyer to join its legal and business affairs team, primarily supporting its sports properties, coaching and sports marketing groups.
• Reviewing, redlining and negotiating a high volume of contracts under tight deadlines, including sales and sponsorship contracts for sports properties (teams, leagues, etc.), employment contracts for college and professional coaches and front-office executives, and endorsement, appearance, license and other image-rights and personal-services agreements for athletes
• Acting as an entrepreneurial business partner and providing actionable guidance to agents, while working collaboratively and inclusively with other executives
• Advising internally on business and legal issues, including questions of contract interpretation, dispute resolution and compliance matters
• Implementing and refining systems for information sharing and document management
• Fostering positive long-term relationships with the agency's clients and customers
• Admitted attorney (NY or CA) with 4-10 years of transactional legal/business affairs experience, ideally with at least 2 at a firm, and at least 2 focusing on sponsorship, coaching or endorsement contracts in-house or at an entertainment law firm
• Experience with sponsorship, coaching and/or endorsement contracts, and familiarity with FTC endorsement guidelines
• Outstanding drafting, negotiation, analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact with a range of personalities and styles in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Sound judgment, a curious mind, a strong work ethic, and a creative but practical and business-friendly approach to problem solving
• Grit, tenacity and flexibility
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34p6n-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.