Business Affairs Executive
WME seeks a talented and highly motivated lawyer to join its Business Affairs department as a Business Affairs Executive in Beverly Hills, supporting its Literary Packaging Department. Primary responsibilities include reviewing and negotiating a wide range of agreements and deals in the option/purchase of dramatic rights in film, television, digital and non-scripted as well as executive producer and writer agreements. The Literary Packaging Department is a smaller department, with a tight knit group of agents who share a love of authors, their books and a tireless work ethic.
• Review and negotiate agreements for dramatic rights, writing services and executive producing services across film, television, digital and non-scripted
• Act as an entrepreneurial business partner with, and provide strategic support and guidance to, the Literary Packaging Department
• Foster positive long-term relationships with the company's clients and customers
• JD from an ABA-accredited law school
• Admitted to CA Bar (or another state bar permissible under CA in-house counsel rules)
• Minimum of 3 years of legal affairs experience, with in-house experience at a television or film studio, production company, television network or other media network or platform, or comparable experience at an entertainment law firm
• Experience drafting and negotiating rights, writer and executive producer agreements
• Outstanding negotiation, drafting, analytical, prioritization and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills and able to interact with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced, high-volume business environment. This includes explaining complex concepts to clients and colleagues who do not necessarily have legal knowledge and have a range of personalities and styles.
• Ability to execute multiple, high-priority projects independently and on short timeframes
• A curious mind, strong work ethic, excellent judgment, keen attention to detail and a creative but practical approach to problem-solving
• Able to work effectively with people at different levels (including agents, senior executives, network executives and attorneys, talent, outside attorneys and other in-house client divisions)
• An upbeat temperament, dynamic personality and highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to work
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.