WME seeks a talented and highly motivated lawyer to join its Business Affairs Department as a Business Affairs Executive in Beverly Hills, primarily supporting WME's Motion Picture, with some support to Scripted Television and Non-Scripted Television Departments. Primary responsibilities include structuring, negotiating and reviewing a wide range of deals and agreements in feature length theatrical, television, digital and streaming media for production companies, writers, on-camera talent, producers, directors, rights-holders and other clients involved in the creation and exploitation of content.
• Effectively advise agents, executives and clients on deal structuring, negotiation, terms and strategy
• Act as an entrepreneurial business partner with, and provide strategic guidance to, WME's Motion Picture and Television agents
• Review and negotiate term sheets and agreements for personal services, production services, underlying rights, content development, content licensing, etc.
• Continue to develop an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the industry and consider the implications of the evolution of the industry on the business and WME's clients
• Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgment to balance WME's business needs and acceptable levels of risk
• Foster positive, long-term relationships with internal business clients and WME's external clients
• JD from an ABA-accredited law school
• Admitted to CA Bar (or another state bar permissible under CA in-house counsel rules)
• Minimum of 5-7 years of transactional business/legal affairs experience, ideally with at least 2
of those years at a law firm. In-house experience at a studio, production company, or other media outlet, or comparable experience at an entertainment law firm, is a plus
• Outstanding negotiation, drafting, analytical, prioritization and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills and able to interact with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced, high-volume business environment. This includes explaining complex concepts to clients and colleagues who do not necessarily have legal knowledge and have a range of personalities and styles.
• Ability to execute multiple, high-priority projects independently and on short timeframes
• A curious mind, strong work ethic, excellent judgment, keen attention to detail and a creative but practical approach to problem-solving
• Able to work effectively with people at different levels (including agents, senior executives, production company executives and attorneys, talent, outside attorneys and other in-house client divisions)
• An upbeat temperament, dynamic personality and highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to work
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo17o-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.