Business Affairs Executive
Beverly Hills, CA
Business Affairs Executive
WME seeks a talented and highly motivated lawyer to join its Business Affairs Department as a Business Affairs Executive in Beverly Hills, supporting WME's Scripted Television and Non-Scripted Television Departments. Primary responsibilities include structuring, negotiating and reviewing a wide range of deals and agreements in television and digital media for production companies, writers, on-camera talent, producers, directors, rightsholders and other clients involved in the creation and exploitation of content.
• Effectively advise agents, executives and clients on deal structuring, negotiation, terms and strategy
• Act as an entrepreneurial business partner with, and provide strategic guidance to, WME's Scripted Television and Non-Scripted Television agents
• Review and negotiate term sheets and agreements for personal services, production services, underlying rights, content development, content licensing, etc.
• Continue to develop an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the industry and consider the implications of the evolution of the industry on the business and WME's clients
• Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgment to balance WME's business needs and acceptable levels of risk
• Foster positive, long-term relationships with internal business clients and WME's external clients
• JD from an ABA-accredited law school
• Admitted to CA Bar (or another state bar permissible under CA in-house counsel rules)
• Minimum of 5 years of transactional business/legal affairs experience, ideally with at least 2 of those years at a law firm. In-house experience at a television studio, production company, television network or other media network or outlet, or comparable experience at an entertainment law firm, is a plus
• Outstanding negotiation, drafting, analytical, prioritization and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills and able to interact with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced, high-volume business environment. This includes explaining complex concepts to clients and colleagues who do not necessarily have legal knowledge and have a range of personalities and styles.
• Ability to execute multiple, high-priority projects independently and on short timeframes
• A curious mind, strong work ethic, excellent judgment, keen attention to detail and a creative but practical approach to problem-solving
• Able to work effectively with people at different levels (including agents, senior executives, network executives and attorneys, talent, outside attorneys and other in-house client divisions)
• An upbeat temperament, dynamic personality and highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to work
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.