Deputy Audio-Visual Manager
New York, NY
Culturespaces announced a partnership with IMG, a global leader in events, media and fashion, to create an immersive multimedia experience in New York City called 'The Hall des Lumières' in Manhattan's Tribeca neighborhood.
Located in the former 'Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank', the Hall des Lumières art center will offer immersive exhibitions dedicated to the great masters of art history in a 28,000 ft² space across from New York's City Hall.
The exhibitions will be designed to complement the venue's interiors of marble, columns, bank tellers, stained glass windows and sculptures, to enhance the unique multi-sensory experience.
The AV Technician primary duties are to
operate and maintain all the audio-visual, multimedia, technical systems and equipment, as well as prepare the encoding and preparation of content.
Working under the supervision of the Audio-Visual Manager, you will perform the following tasks:
• Initiate the playback of the exhibitions, after verifying the proper functioning of audio-visual and technical equipment;
• Shut down audio-visual and technical equipment after the site is closed;
• Carry out maintenance and repair work on all the site's audio-visual, multimedia, and technical systems (changing lamp bulbs, cleaning and adjusting projectors, repairing and configuring computer servers, adjusting video projectors and projection mapping geometry, etc.);
• Diagnose equipment and system failures and implement technical solutions, during shows and outside public opening hours;
• Suggest technical and
• Maintain the site's computer, server, and networking equipment;
• Ensure the correct functioning of the programming of the exhibitions;
• Prepare customized exhibition events (audio, video, and photo processing, encoding, montage, etc.);
• Prepare the computer encoding for the annual exhibitions (long and short exhibitions) in collaboration with the production teams;
• Record the various audio-visual encodings.
• Possessing a 2-year degree in the audio-visual field, or equivalent work experience.
• You will have knowledge of and be familiar with professional audio-visual and multimedia equipment, audio-visual techniques, and related health and safety regulations.
• You will be proficient in the use of the Windows and MacOS operating systems. You will have some knowledge of electronics and computers (hardware and software), and be familiar with video and photo editing software, such as: Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Avid, and After Effects, as well as Photoshop. You will have some knowledge of network administration.
• Experience with sound reinforcement and audio equipment is preferred.
• Knowledge of and experience with stage lighting, DMX, ArtNet , sACN, and lighting control software a plus.
• You will have excellent interpersonal skills, are autonomous, and exceptionally reliable and reactive. An interest in or knowledge of the cultural heritage market and cultural tourism would be a distinct advantage.
• Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4z68v-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.