United Talent Agency
Los Angeles, CA
IMG seeks a talented and highly-motivated lawyer to add to its business and legal affairs department in its New York City or Los Angeles office. This position will report to the SVP, Associate General Counsel and will take prime responsibility for structuring, reviewing, drafting and negotiating deals for IMG's Licensing division, which primarily focuses on consumer product merchandising, endorsements, marketing and promotional agreements, and experiential licensing in the fields of sports, entertainment, popular culture, fashion, lifestyle, as well as corporate trademarks and institutions.
The ideal candidate has transactional experience at a top law firm and/or in-house experience, and has specifically worked in consumer product licensing. This position will be based in New York, NY or Los Angeles, California.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Drafting and negotiating consumer product licensing agreements, experiential licensing agreements, representation agreements, retail merchandising agreements; appearance and endorsement agreements;
• Providing real-time advice on business and legal issues relating to licensing and intellectual property matters, including intellectual property and enforcement;
• Researching and staying up to date on the latest trends and issues for licensing, including worldwide regulatory issues and compliance;
• Efficiently managing contract-administration and document-management processes;
• JD from an ABA accredited law school;
• 4-8 years of experience;
• Experience at a top law firm and/or in-house practice in which IP licensing was a primary focus;
• Outstanding drafting, negotiation and organizational skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that will enable interaction with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced business environment (including explaining legal concepts to clients and colleagues without legal knowledge, and with limited time);
• Solid analytic skills, creative problem-solving abilities and a practical business-oriented viewpoint;
• Detail-oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize and produce quality work within deadlines;
• Upbeat temperament, dynamic personality, proactive and highly team-oriented approach to work.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq88o9-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.